about 1 month ago
Our client who is based in Suffolk while also having an office in Norwich. Our client undertakes a wide range of activities across East Anglia in the new and refurbishment construction sector. With a number of long standing partnerships with clients, projects include housing developments, schools, colleges and universities and other local authority projects.
A vacancy has arisen for a fixed term 12 month contract to provide maternity cover in a busy Finance department. This is very much a hands on role where the successful candidate will be responsible processing high volumes of suppliers invoices.
Main Duties include:
1. Full responsibility for processing supplier invoices.
2. Proactively manage all supplier accounts and look to resolve any queries in a timely manner.
3. Adhere to the company’s prompt payment policy.
4. Assist with the processing of employee’s expenses.
5. Propose and prepare weekly supplier payment runs.
6. Assist with cash book reconciliations and postings.
7. Monthly credit card analysis.
8. Support the annual audit.
9. Other ad hoc duties as required.
1. To liaise with relevant staff and suppliers as required to resolve any queries.
2. Always maintain confidentiality regarding client and supplier information.
3. Support the rest of the finance department on a day-to-day basis.
The successful candidate should ideally meet the following requirements:
Knowledge and experience
1. A minimum of two years relevant experience.
2. Strong IT skills are required in the performance of this role.
3. Good organisational skills.
Personal attributes and skills
1. To be a self starter and the ability to use own initiative as well as working effectively as part of a team.
2. Excellent time management skills with ability to prioritise own workload, deal with conflicting demands and meet deadlines.
3. Ability to show tact and discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
4. Excellent verbal, writing, and interpersonal skills.
5. A good telephone manner.
6. Excellent planning and organisational skills.
7. Good attention to detail.
8. A flexible approach to working.
1. Previous experience of working in the construction industry would be an advantage but is not a requirement of this role.