Bristol, United Kingdom
£30k - £40k per annum
6 days ago
13 Feb 00:00
What will you be doing?
Managing all aspects of the strategic land function to ensure new opportunities are secured and existing sites are successfully promoted to facilitate the delivery of strategic land in line with Divisional targets.
- You will use methods such as examination of statutory development plans, housing land audits, potential change of use, liaising with agents and utilising an extensive contact base to identify new development opportunities.
- Negotiating terms and securing sites, including initial due diligence, formulating offers, managing the legal process and obtaining the necessary internal approvals in a timely and robust manner
- Overseeing the promotion of the strategic land bank, appointing and managing external consultants (where required), and liaising with other internal functions including technical, commercial and sales.
- Monitoring the strategic land portfolio having regard to national and local planning policy to identify where opportunities/risks exist.
- Assisting in preparing planning applications/appeals.
- Co-ordinating the viability process and agreeing land values with owners/agents.
- Undertake community engagements as necessary
Who are you?
- An excellent understanding of the planning system and planning policy at both local and national levels.
- Familiar with all legal and contractual aspects of the land process.
- A proven track record in successfully promoting land through the planning system.
- Ideally, either qualified to degree standard in a relevant subject such as Planning or Surveying or commensurate experience.
- Sound geographical knowledge of the area.
- Able to work on own initiative, with the drive to take ownership of projects.
- Articulate, clear and credible, and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to communicate with a wide range of people, build rapport and trust, and develop and maintain key contacts.
- Exceptional negotiating and influencing skills; a confident and professional networker.
- An innovative thinker, with the drive to seek out and pursue new development opportunities.
- An extensive industry contact base.
- Technically confident and proficient