£50K - £60K per annum
2 months ago
Our client is seeking a Technical Co-Ordinator who will be responsible for the successful delivery of all technical and design information for their project(s) within the Homes division. It will be imperative that business targets associated with Health & Safety, Quality, Environmental and our sales strategy are also achieved.
As part of this role, the Technical Coordinator will effectively manage consultant teams and work effectively with internal stakeholders, project consultants and the delivery team.
You will be required to provide a first-class customer service and engagement with customers, working closely with the Customer Journey Advisor and Sales team to achieve 5* housebuilder status, or equivalent national standards.
· Develop and manage design programmes in line with the specific technical delivery strategy
· Ensure project deliverables and sales targets/approvals are met.
· Coordinate the consultant team to ensure that designs and technical inputs are completed on time, meeting the agreed standards and objectives
· Monitor the management of technical budgets on projects.
· Manage and maintain excellent relationships with all consultants and statutory authorities, whilst working alongside the in-house team, including land, planning, estimating, commercial and delivery teams.
· Work directly with the Sales and Marketing team to ensure customer needs are considered
· Support Sales and Marketing in management of access arrangements around the development for prospective purchasers
· Understand the customer journey through the duration of projects
· Operating and management of design delivery for live developments that include phased occupation of homes
· Assist the delivery team in maintaining the reputation of the company for good quality of finish to all elements of the projects and achieving set objectives
· Oversee design approvals for all subcontract and supplier designs
· Manage and monitor the delivery of design information to the commercial team to allow procurement in line with project delivery programmes
· Chair and manage design team meetings
· Appoint Design Consultants and manage consultant payments in line with company procedures
· Liaise with the project Buyer to ensure the advanced and accurate requisitioning of materials and plant to allow cost effective purchasing
· Have a thorough knowledge of building warranty, building regulation and planning processes and ensure that the technical team discharge all conditions to allow project completions in line with the delivery programme.
Qualifications & Experience:
· Proven experience with a residential developer on both high end/volume build and traditional build housing projects
· Example delivery of housing schemes ranging from 50> residential homes
· Examples of mix use development including housing
· Excellent technical knowledge and understanding of design procedures
· Experienced liaising effectively with consultants and subcontractors
· Ability to report effectively to internal stakeholders
· End to end construction delivery experience, taking a project from inception to completion
· Proven track record of successfully managing time and costs
· Proven delivery in achieving the highest standards of health, safety, quality and environmental controls
· Experience of working effectively with a multi-disciplinary team of consultants
· CSCS Card
· MCIOB or working towards MCIOB (desirable)
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Good management and coordination skills
· High standards of presentation
· Ability to anticipate and effectively resolve problems with the assistance of a team
· Competent at written and verbal communication
· Excellent IT skills including ASTA Programming
· Working with document management systems
· Ability to travel to different locations as required